The Forestry Field Program (ESPM 105 A-D) is taught at the Forestry Summer Camp in the forests surrounding Meadow Valley, CA during the UC Berkeley summer session. Teaching Assistants for the program are employed through UC Berkeley Summer Sessions as Staff Research Assistants at a salary of $4,021/month from late May through the end of July, 2023. Room and board is provided. Camp dates this year are June 5-July 28th. In order to prepare, the employment period begins two weeks prior to the start of camp.
Preference for teaching assistants will be given to current or incoming ESPM graduate students, current ESPM undergraduates who will have completed their degrees before the program begins, and to students or recent alumni who have attended the Forestry Camp program. Graduate students from other non-UCB programs who have an educational background in Forestry are also welcome to apply.
For further information about the program visit the Forestry Camp website.
- Assist professors in organizing course materials
- Participate in preparation meetings for interested students
- Help coordinate transportation and drive vans to Forestry Camp
- Obtain Red Cross safety training (time and expenses paid)
- Prepare for one day leading instruction on a topic of their choice
- Attend lectures and understand material in order to answer students’ questions
- Coordinate transportation for field labs and other logistical support
- Distribute, collect, and maintain instructional equipment
- Assist students with class assignments and projects
- Help to facilitate an overall safe and productive educational environment
- Assist instructors with grading
- Lead instruction for one day
- Organize, inventory, and maintain clean and functioning equipment
- Pack and transport materials after camp
Priority will be given to applications returned by January 30, 2023
We will work to make selections for these positions soon after January 30th